What would you do?

My husband and I live with his parents.(our house isn't finished yet) His family thinks that I should clean up after them, and let me tell you they DO NOT pick up after themselves. If the mom doesn't do it then I have to. My husband and his mom are the only two besides me that picks up after themselves. His 18 yr. old brother thinks that I should wash his clothes and everything. I mean his 18 it's time for him to grow up and learn how to do it himself. I'm just asking what everyone else would do in this situation. Our house should be finished in Nov. or Dec. No to mention this is really causing problems between my husband and I.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• If you really can't take it either put your foot down and set them straight that you're not the family maid. Or, just let it go because Nov or Dec is just around the corner, and if you're staying there rent free then it's the least you can do for the in-laws. However, the 18yr should do for himself, you're not his wife.
    raenad

Answer by raenad at 12:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• The brother needs a kick in the ass, do not do his laundry, tell him you are not his maid and if he wants clean clothes then he needs to wash them. My 15yr old does his own laundry for God's sake.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I would not clean up after them. Tell your hubby to speak up in your defense.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i wouldn't clean up after them. as long as you clean up after yourselves i think they should be happy with that. the brother needs to learn to do it himself.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Just stop doing it! Who the hell does he think he is?? I can completely understand keeping up the house to show your appreciation. But your inlaws are the one doing you the favor, not your BIL. Tell your husband to do it for him if he defends him so much! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• stick it out. it will be over soon, no use in causing more drama that will be finished soon! hang in there! good luck!
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 4:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2008