bumps..... (very TMI question) adult content

I have bumps two on my bottom and one on my hip. They are very very painful and getting hard. I can not even sleep on my left side where the bump is at on my hip. When I sit my bottom hurts.... they are red and have a small little "scab" on the top and around the exterior of it, it is red like there is a spreading infection. I was just wondering what you think it could be...... I have no idea what herpes look like...... I don't think that that is what it is but I need another opinion... What do you think it is?? Do you know what herpes looks like or feels like? My sister has them and she was over recently to visit... can you get it from sitting on the toilet? I am freaking out!!! It could also be MRSA but I am not sure.... Do you know a web site that I can go to to look at pictures? One that is really free too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Health

• MRSA kind of looks like a pimple but VERY painful! I had it a few years ago. you'd have a fever and ell really sick (at least I did) My brother just had a cyst removed from his lower back and it was painful but not bright red. You can type what you are looking for into google search and click on images to view pictures...I don't know how relying it would be though. Seeing a doctor is probably best.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 2:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• They sound more like a cyst than herpes. Herpes are small reddish bumps that look like blisters and generally do not get "hard"
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• How bout shingles?
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think it sounds like MRSA, a staph infection, I would get it checked out. I am not for sure, I have only heard that yes you can get herpes from sitting on a toilet. If the person who used it before you is having a breakout, and has open sores.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 2:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You need to see a Doctor!
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Shingles is usually a patch- long on torso and back but not limited to. Sounds like a boil maybe. I get them a lot since I have kids and have had to start washing my clothes seperate from theirs and use color safe bleach. You can get those on your butt groin area and armpitsn other plases too. Under a boob...... I have had a few boils and they have been small like the size small nail head and as as big as a pea or a small grape. They can be hard. Sometimes they can. Peel like dry skin on it. I hate them when I get them on my armpit.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010