Is or was your child a "Paci Kid", a "Blankie Kid" or some other attachment kid?

My 17 month old is a Blankie girl for sure!

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 2:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• My 2 year old use to be a binki boy, but gave it up cold turkey at 17 months, one afternoon he just handed them to me and said no-no to them after that, shocked me. Now, don't mess with Steve and Nina, his monkeys, they go with him every where. My older son even had to make 2 monkey potties, so they could potty train together.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• No, no of mine were every really over attached to anything like that.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my so, 2.5 years old, adores his Thomas and Friends blanket and toy trains. One of his first words, which I didnt understand for quite some time, was "heemee" (Henry from Thomas and Friends) :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Not at all.

I forced DS to take a teddybear to preschool because he was the only kid without a lovie thing but he could care less about it.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Pacifier kid.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My older two weren't attatched to anything, my 8 month old is a paci baby. I thought he was going to like his blanket too, because I would give it to him and he would hold it to fall asleep for a little while, but he already doesn't care about it anymore. He definately likes his pacifier though.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My 2 year old loves his bear - Bear goes everywhere!

Answer by missanc at 2:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My oldest is a thumb suckers and my younger two have nothing. It's funny how those things work out.

The funny thing is that my oldest is the BEST sleeper because she has something to sooth herself!!
    sarahkaystone

Answer by sarahkaystone at 2:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• blankie
    i call it the yellow rag (when it is in the wash, and not wanting her to know)
    but... we have made some prgress, blankie does not go out of the house much at all now
    NEVER to school..YEAH!!!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My oldest dd had a blue bunny that she called "Blue Blue." She loved that thing until she was about three!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 2:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2010