Great Lakes Navy Wives??

There is a possibility that my family will be relocated to Great Lakes in a little over a year. I am just a Navy wife, my husband will more than likely be an E-6 by the time of the move. I was just wondering what info you had on the area.

Do you enjoy living there? Is it nice? Clean? What is the commute like? Healthcare...is there a Naval hospital or do you see civilians? Housing? Do you like your husbands hours? The weather?

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

sarahkaystone

Asked by sarahkaystone at 2:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• There is a group for Navy Wives here that I'm sure can help you with your questions if no one able to answer here.  GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes, I am actually a member of that group and have asked these same questions. I am just looking for more people to respond. Thank you!!
    sarahkaystone

Comment by sarahkaystone (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You can also join this group and I'm sure they can help.  Probably under Relocation Discussion

Again GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• OMG...thank you. thank you. thank you so much!! That is exactly what I was looking for!! :)
    sarahkaystone

Comment by sarahkaystone (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• bow downyour welcome

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 5:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010