When you see a teenager out and about in a mini skirt (butt hanging out) and tiny top (boobs hanging out) do you automatically blame the parents?> adult content

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 2:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• No. I would never blame the parents... My mother always required our skirts to be knee length and our tops had to be long enough to be tucked in... So I just waited til I left the house to change.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• nope cuz a lot of times they go out of the home fully dress and end up changing outfits in the streets or at there friends home...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 2:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Nope, I changed when I left the house...hehe
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Nope. I usually just wish i had boobs that were big enough to hang out of a shirt.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Louise2,

Most teens can and do purchase their own clothing and can purchase clothing their parents would not approve of and just not show it to them.....then there's always the possiblity of them borrowing clothing from the older sibling of a friend too. If a teen chooses to dress in a manner that they "think" is cute, sexy, whatever, or wants to dress like some star they admire, there are many ways they can do that without the parents knowing.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 2:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• most of the times...as we as parents are responsible for our children and how they conduct themselves inside and outside the home.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• sort of..i wonder where the parent is that would allow that kind of clothing to be bought or worn on such a young girl. i realize some parents don't purchase those clothes, and have no idea their 'child' wears them when out of sight, but that also makes me wonder why they didn't teach that child to respect herself more, than to advertise her 'goods' to just anybody/strangers.
    JMHO
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My first thought is uually "how did they get out of the house dressed like THAT".....BUT then I instantly remember that teens are really quite capable of changing clothes once they are away from home....and a great many do just that. It's not always that they haven't been taught better...more often it's just poor choices of their own.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 2:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• No I don't blame the parents . I just think how sad that the girl doesn't have any more self respect than to dress like a streetwalker.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• No kids change clothes exchange clothes with their friends and use "lunch money" to buy the clothes they really want...Teenagers are very sneaky I would know best...hehehe
    mum2Jack23

Answer by mum2Jack23 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2010