Bible inscription?

I bought a new "teen bible" for my son. I'd like to inscribe something in it to tell him how proud of the wonderful young man he is becoming and to keep up the good work.
(He is sooo awesome! He even gets the little motor scooters at wal mart for little old ladies!, says please, thanks you, yes ma'am, no sir, the works!!! Holds my car door open for me, etc)
BUT I'm not good at wording sentimental things like this. I get all tongue tied and it ends up looking like a 3rd grader slapped together a few sentences(Not that 3rd graders are bad or anything!!*Covering my butt, this is cafe mom, yo!)
Can anyone help me?
Thank you sooooooooooo much in advance!!!!

Waspinators_Mom

Asked by Waspinators_Mom at 3:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think you should write it down on paper first until you get t how you want it.

I am proud of the wonderful young man you are becoming. I can't wait to see God continue his work in you. When you were a small child I always wanted to inspire you but I never knew that you would grow up to inspire me to want to be a better person.

For I know the plans i have for you declares the lord... (maybe add a verse)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• That sounds perfect!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I LOVE that! What would be a good verse to put in it? I'm still trying to find one I used to read to him every time he was scared, It went something like,"Fear not, for I am always with you......"
    Waspinators_Mom

Comment by Waspinators_Mom (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Sounds like you have a wonderful child...how did you do it?
    Kimberly1879

Answer by Kimberly1879 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

or Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

Love this!!!
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I got to ask, how did you do it? I want my three sons to be like your son, not for myself but for the women they marry and the children they will have. This has brought tears to my eyes. You are so very blessed! Absolutely wonderful! Great job Mama!
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 2:36 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• OMG, I have no idea. Repetition I guess? He's always been like this.
    Yesterday he saw a little own lady taking her trash out(we live in an apartment complex) and he saw she was having a hard time, he asked me if he could go help her(he always asks to see if it's ok first) and this lady started crying!!! She said that she has 6 grandkids(or great grand kids I don't remember for sure) and they never offered to do this for her. She tried to pay him and he looked at me, I raised my eyebrow and then he turned to her and said,"No thank you ma'am. The bible and Mama says to commit random acts of kindness."
    Waspinators_Mom

Comment by Waspinators_Mom (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• WOW! He is going to be one really blessed man. God didn't say obey your mother and father for nothing. He seams to already understand things that I just figured out. The same way that he constantly makes sure from you if what he wants to do is ok, is the same way we are to be with God, constantly asking if this or that is ok. Even when we mean to help someone else, we first have to ask God if it's ok (if it's His will). That is so awsome. He is a very smart boy and someone very special. I would say God bless you and your family but I know you already are. Thank you for sharing your beautiful story. It's brought me hope. :-D
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• NP Buttercup777!!!
    Recently I called an animal rescue about doing community service(Never forget to pay traffic tickets!! ugh!) and I mentioned my son usually does volunteer work with me and he is 11 1 /2. She went on to say,"Oh those type of kids always get in the rebelious phase, I don't want him hurting the animals and blah blah blah....then they start doing drugs and blah blah blah...."
    I was mortified. I tried explaining to her no, he's not like that and went on to tell her about his good deeds, he really is an awesome kid!
    I'm having a bad pain day(I have DJD, Degnerative Joint Disease~Like really bad arthritis) and he has waiting on me hand and foot then put his hands on my feet and prayed for me!!.
    I cannot believe how some people are always so quick to judge. I told my son about it and he said,"That's ok Mama, We're just going to pray for her!" It took everything in me to hold back the tears.
    Waspinators_Mom

Comment by Waspinators_Mom (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2010