In your opinion, is this a fair compromise?

If I had my way my son would rear face to age 4. My husband wanted to turn him at a year. We decided on age 2, since that is the minimum that the AAP recommends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't know. Did your husband do any research on this, or does he want to turn at a year because that's what "everyone" does/says? I have told my husband (about this, and about other things) to do some research, then we could discuss it. When he refused to do so, I told him, that is fine, but then you need to trust MY research.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Compromise and if you are that adamant about it then explain to him why you feel he should face the rear. Look up online at child death stories and have him go over them with you and tell him why you have such concerns. In my opinion four is quiet old to have facing the rear but that IS MY opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• This is between you and your husband. Why take it here?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Sure - as long as you are both on-board with the compromise, I say run with it!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 3:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It's fair is you are comfy with it. When it comes to what I feel is safest for my kids I don't do the compromise thing. My 6 yr old son is still in a 5pt harness and my husband wants to switch him to a booster. I said no way. I'm not compromising what I feel is safest just so he can put him in the seat faster.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Not really.

You wanted to extend but you're doing to bare minimum instead.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• So is your DH a troll too? or is it just you?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 3:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010