Mainly for Christians... but anyone is welcome to respond. adult content

I am curious:

What does your personal religious belief tell you concerning living a BDSM lifestyle... Is it sinful or not?

If you believe it is sinful... can you provide scripture references to support why you believe as such?

Crimsonia

Asked by Crimsonia at 3:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I think the references to sex in the bible and sin are about non-consensual sex- I do not think God worries much about what consenting adults do.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 1:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm not a Christian, but for what it's worth, I don't think ANYTHING, as long as it's between two consenting adults, should be considered sinful or wrong...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm an atheist so no restrictions.  So yeah, BDSM is in.  Woot!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Agriffinmom:

It's an overlapping abbrevation of Bondage and Discipline (BD), Dominance and Submission (DS), Sadism and Masochism (SM).

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• to each their own. I'm not into it, but between two consenting adults, that's their deal.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It goes against my personal wishes and likes, lol, I don't know if it is sinful. I am not completely aware of what is involved in all of that, but I suppose whatever is between the two partners and they agree to it and both enjoy it, it is ok, it's none of my business.

Chniamli

Answer by Chniamli at 3:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I don't see why it would be wrong, unless you see it as taking something that's supposed to be romantic and turning it "dirty.' I don't see it that way though. If someone wants to get rough and raunchy, go right ahead! LOL :P
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• IMO what consenting adults do is between them. Its not something I'm personally interested in, but I don't believe its sinful.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Why would anyone want to do this? Sex was not meant to be anything but a precious time with your SPOUSE

Trust me Shane!  You can still have a precious time in handcuffs.wink mini

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think its some sort of bongage thing agriffinmom.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2010