Potty regression

I have asked this question before...my DS was totally trained for 6 weeks. Would ask and tell me when he needed to go almost EVERY time. Then he totally regressed. This said he KNOWS when he has to go because he tells us when it is convenient (in time out, going to bed etc). He also tells & goes for other people. With us it is a MAJOR battle each time or he just goes in his pants.

Some of you advised startiing over with rewards each time and praise. So we did..and NOTHING has changed!! HELP! Now do I go back to diapers or keep pluggling through??

coolchic320

Asked by coolchic320 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yea i know how you feel. my 3 year old just got totally housebroken. she was doing great with it until i started babysitting my niece. and because the baby was in diapers she had to be too.then all of a sudden she declared that she didnt like diapers and wanted to wear underwear. i havent had any problems with her since. she even stays dry at night . as far as the reward thing goes, it didnt work for me. if he is around a younger child in diapers that may be part of his regression.dont worry though he will get it.
    hotmama9707

Answer by hotmama9707 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My daughter did the same thing. I just kept her in underwear, and she soon got tired of soiling through her clothes, and starting using the potty again...
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 6:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• keep workin with him
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:54 AM on Oct. 1, 2010