Would it be werid to dress my 2 year old as Marliyn Monroe or should I just do both my girls as 50's girls.

I was to late to get the costumes I wanted so now I'm thinking of other ideas, I think i'm going to make them now. I need them to be warm though because it gets really cold.

KatieG04

Asked by KatieG04 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think it might be kind of creepy, since Marilyn positively oozed sexuality. 50s girl with a poodle skirt sounds a lot more appropriate, in my opinion.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 12:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• thats what I was thinking
    KatieG04

Answer by KatieG04 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I have seen another neighbour girl dressed like that when she was younger, and it was SOOO cute! But if you are in need of a podle skirt patern, I have one I used last year for my daughter. Let me know. I could mail it to you. Have a safe and happy halloween.
    ohiomommy77

Answer by ohiomommy77 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I wish I had a girl! Marilyn Monroe is my FAV!!! I would go with it in a sec... BUT when I was a kid my gram made me a poodle skirt and we all had a 50s party. I loved that skirt. So either way I think you're good!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I think the 50's outfit would be more appropriate. Not sure how you could do a Marilyn costume WARM either.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I am doing celebrity look alikes with my girls.. my 4 year old is going to be Marilyn Monroe.. I was a little worried about it at first too.. but then got to thinking, she is 4, not 14 dressing like a hoochie. Of course there will be some people who will have something to say, but that is with EVERYTHING! We have an adorable white dress, and we a white furry shaw glittery thing.. so its like a little girl celebrity! I think the poodle thing is adorable too! and less iffy!! haha, but I say do what you want!
    vvlinley21

Answer by vvlinley21 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010