im 39 weeks pregnant, will sex help me start labor??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It can help stimulate contractions, but let the baby comes on his/her own. Don't rush things
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• u need him to finish in u....oh my thats sounds porn like! lol...sperm is supposed to do something to give u contractions
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 3:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• yes
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I've heard sometimes it works then sometimes it doesn't. I would give your baby until 40wks and then they may just come out on their own.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes, orgasms irritate the uterus, causing contractions. Semen contains a chemical that can assist in softening your cervix. But it only works if baby is ready.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• worked for me at 39 weeks, . i had sex at 1 pm, that started braxtons....then went out to shopping centers and walked for 3 hours. they finally became real, i cleaned the house, exercised, anything to keep moving to keep them going. i had the baby that night
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It could or it couldn't. If your body is not ready it will not do a thing.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It possibly could some docs say it will. The stimulation can possibly help the cervix dilate and also while having sex you release horomones that may also help with contractions but basically the baby will come its good and ready lol. You can also go for a walk that will help I had to walk all day when i was induced with my first daughter and be sure to drink plenty of water if you dont already but walking and napping will help. Good luck :-)
    WAH_Mama

Answer by WAH_Mama at 3:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• bradenis.....39 weeks is 2 weeks past full term...it's not a premature delivery, and sex is natural so she would be letting nature take its course...my baby was ready to come out. she was beyond healthy and almost 8 lbs...she would have probably have been too big if i just sat it out
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2010