Homemade halloween costumes...

Money is really tight this year. I have a 3 year old girl and twin 15 month old girls, and I was wondering if anybody had any ideas for homemade costumes for halloween (please no princesses!!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• How about a box of cereal, anything that you can just add a tail, ears, and a little make-up to. Ummm...the dollar tree had some cute things there (tutu, wings, wigs, masks) for only a dollar.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My daughter is going as a cat. I bought her a black hooded sweatshirt from walmart, leggings also at walmart, ears and some felt at Michaels. She needed the leggings and sweatshirt anyway. I am taking a circle of white felt and pinning it to her chest and making a tail out of the felt and pinning it in back. That way she will be warm in her sweatshirt but still have a costume.
    Angie211

Answer by Angie211 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Check this site out:
    http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/season/specialfeature/halloween_ms_costumes/

This has a lot of ideas!
    MamaCeleste0722

Answer by MamaCeleste0722 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Walgreens also has little ears and tails Oh, you can even find wings. Like the above...one is a cheetah black shirt and leggings. You would even be surprised at resale shops and Good Will.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I have always made homemade costumes - start with a garanimals sweatsuit or cheap sweatsuit from walmart and theres endless possibilities - I can give you ideas if you'll message me - ideas are too numerous to list here.
    That being said though - my SIL just grabbed a costume (which I don't need) for DD at Old Navy yesterday for $5.00!!!!!! Was marked down on clearance since Halloween is so close!!!! I know the costumes I could tell you to make would cost more than $5.00 in materials - so check out Old Navy first!!!!
    bemomkec

Answer by bemomkec at 10:33 AM on Oct. 26, 2008