Consumer confidence drops to lowest since Feb.

Americans view of the economy turned grimmer in September amid escalating job worries.

How is your confidence?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100928/D91Gvo6G0.html

Natesmom507

Asked by Natesmom507 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Add to that, the government needs more taxpayer money to keep those jobs Obama Saved/Created... What happens when the government doesn't have enough taxpayer money to fund jobs?

NYT: "Tens of thousands of people will lose their jobs within weeks unless Congress extends one of the more effective job-creating programs in the $787 billion stimulus act: a $1 billion New Deal-style program that directly paid the salaries of unemployed people so they could get jobs in government, at nonprofit organizations and at many small businesses."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/26/us/26stimulus.html?hp
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I confident that Republicans will regain control of Congress in 2010, and that Obama will be ushered out in 2012. As for consumer confidence, it will only return if November 2nd, and December 31st happen the way we HOPE they will--that is fiscal conservatives back in control and Bush's tax cuts extended, preferably permanently!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I am blessed with a good job and steady work. Confident about the economy in general, not really.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• In general, it sucks. I am afraid this is the best my kids can expect. There are so many people out of work.
    Personally, we could be worse off. We are even hoping for a raise this year after 2 without. Anything will help
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• This is creepy and most likely brought about by the economy... :(

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09/28/baby_boomers_do_the_decent_thing/

Baby Boomers committing suicide at unprecedented rates 

Jammiest generation that ever lived finds life too cruel

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My confidence has gone way down. At 15 I worked into a restaurant and was hired to bus tables because they had so many jobs available. I mean this was my first job and I walked in said I could work and was hired. Now at 24,a GED, and way more work experience plus no child labor laws I find it harder and harder to find work. I hope it changes soon! I am still hopeful but not confident.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Confidence will rise if conservatives take back congress and put an end to the socialist agenda.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:12 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Carpy, it was a Republican who got us into this mess if you forgot! Really it has NOTHING to do with parties. We are no longer united. Do you see how it is in the forums? People hating each other over party affiliation when in real life not talking about politics those people could be best friends. It is sad and we need to come back together and think of a plan!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 8:19 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Markets
    Stocks Unfazed by Crummy Data as 3Q Nears End
    Wall Street piled onto its September surge on Tuesday, largely shrugging off the gloomiest consumer confidence report in seven months as the markets look ahead to the end of the third quarter.

The Dow battled back from an early decline of more than 80 points to end solidly higher, keeping the benchmark index on track for its best September since 1939. The rally off the lows didn’t appear to be triggered by any new developments, leading market watchers to say portfolio managers were likely snapping up winning stocks to add to their holdings ahead of the end of the third quarter on Thursday.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2010/09/28/futures-modestly-ahead-housing-consumer-data/
    I'm embarrassed to say, my friends, family and I are doing very well. I have confidence the economy is going to improve.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 5:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My son owns a logistic company, business started to decline in 2005. His company was hurting in 2006. laying off employees.
    Now business is better than 2004, a sign of recovery. Major stores are stocking more this year than last year. I think that's a good sign.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 6:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2010