Is 2 years old too young for a Build A Bear Party?

I was considering having my daughters second birthday at Build A Bear. I think she'd be able to "get it" but I've never taken her there before so I'm not sure. Does 2 sound too young or just right?

Has anyone had a party there before?

Xynyth

Asked by Xynyth at 12:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would take her and see how it goes, maybe talk to the employees and see what a good age is.

I took Sara for her 1st bear when she was 11 months. She of course didn't understand the whole process, but I know the look on her face when she sees something she likes. She picked her own bear but I took care of the rest like the name, outfit, etc. That's how we got Baby Bear. I plan on making it a tradition. A month before her birthday we'll go get a new friend at Build a Bear
    badpenny74

Answer by badpenny74 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I was gonna do that, but then decided against it. I'll do it when she's older and actually has friends and will be able to enjoy and remember the whole experience.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I think shes too young. I brought my 2yo there and it was a disaster lol. She didnt care to do anything but pull all of the clothes and accessories off the rack. Do it 3 or 4 :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Well, I think that you know your child better then anyone, but I am not sure kids her age would understand the whole process. My mom wanted to take Turner there for Christmas, and I told her to wait until next year where he can really do it himself and remeber it. But it is up too you!!!
    BoobiePrize

Answer by BoobiePrize at 12:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I would say 2 is too young. My daughter got her first Build a Bear (not a party) at 3 1/2 and she was into it - but not as much as she is now.
    lanckn

Answer by lanckn at 12:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Maybe I'll take here there and see how she does around Christmas :) Thanks :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 12:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My son got his first BAB at 2 1/2. He had fun there, it wasn't a party though.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Thanks ladies. I guess I just thought all the 3 year old I have around me aren't in to stuffed animals any more. Maybe I just know weird 3 year olds lol.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 12:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i had my daughters bday there and it was horrible. we were rushed, squished and i will never do that again. on top of that, our build-a-bear is in the mall, they dont have a party room or anything, if they had, maybe it wudnt have been so bad, but as soon as we were done makin the bears, its was like; "ok pay and get OUT!" lol, there wasnt a place for cake and ice cream or food or anything. i think for a 2 year old you would be much better accommodated somewhere else
    hondagurl209

Answer by hondagurl209 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My sister had my niece's 2nd party there and it was horrible, they aren't very organized so the kids got very impatient and cranky , they don't have a seperate party room, so we had to have cake in the mall food court after the party, which meant we had to cart all the newly built bears, presents and cake there, along with kids who were just frustrated with the whole process. Don't get me wrong, we love us some Build a Bear, but I would never reccomend doing a party there. Just my 2 cents, I feel like I am repeating hondagurl209, but the whole thing was not worth it.
    jodithetiger

Answer by jodithetiger at 6:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2008