Raspberry tea, and Black Cohosh tea

I've read that drinking Herbal Raspberry tea, or Black Cohosh tea can bring on labour.
Has anyone try'd this and had sucess. Or is drinking these teas a waist of time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• RRL tea is healthful, B & B cohosh (herbs, never heard of them as tea~) are risky and should be researched and discussed with your care provider. It is associated with risks, I wouldn't want you to have a dangerous outcome.

Are you facing a medical induction, what are your complications?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• The raspberry tea can help soften your cervix. The black cohosh causes severe diarrhea from what I understand, which is something you do NOT want.

These things ONLY work if your baby is ready to come.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I did the raspberry leaf tea - it's not just raspberry tea - and can't say that it brought labor any earlier. It's actually not supposed to; it just helps tone the uterus so that the contractions are more productive. And I have heard that black cohosh can be a little risky.

I've heard the best results are from evening primrose oil.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• stay from black cohosh, it is not safe while pg. if your baby is ready, rr tea can help gently ease things along.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 3:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would never touch black cohosh when pregnant-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010