She is almost here!

I am 23 years old and having my first baby this saturday! Is there any advice u can give me on the whole childbirthing process? I am pretty nervous!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Breathe through the contractions, and relax as much as possible during labor.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• CONGRATS first of all. Just don't think about the pain. Have a focal point to look at during the contractions and while pushing. GOOD LUCK
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Don't go. Wait for labor to start naturally.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Try to relax is the most important thing which i know sounds funny when you are having a baby but that is my best advice. i didn't take meds so t really helped :) Good Luck and CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Stay focused on the end result. Breathe.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• How exciting! If you haven't gone to childbirth classes, get a childbirth class video and watch it. Consider hiring a doula. Breastfeed in the first hour after birth. Don't let anyone give the baby bottles, pacifiers, or formula. Breastfeed often in the hospital and it get help if it hurts. Expect to be engorged (way swollen) if you have an epidural, it's from all the IV fluids. It will be a little harder for the baby to get started breastfeeding but it will pass. It takes a month for your baby to recover from a bottle of formula, Leaders know this and you can call a La Leche League Leader any time (24/7 & holidays) rather than give a bottle. It takes 4-6 weeks to get breastfeeding established and then its easier. Breastfeeding is supposed to feel good and be easy.  

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• How do you know you're having your baby Saturday, unless it's a c-section? Serious question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I agree with the lady that said to let the labor start naturally.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Remember that YOU are the mom, and YOU are the boss. Don't let anyone pressure you into anything you're not comfortable with!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2010