What is something you would use the term "to die for" ?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The afterlife...
    ndvolz

Answer by ndvolz at 6:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Absolutely nothing. I find that term to be unacceptable, just as when people say "could have killed him" or "about had a heart attack". It's terribly insensitive to those around us, we often don't know other peoples journeys and should speak with care.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I don't. It's as offensive as those alice mentioned, and as offensive as the idiotic "football widow" or "hunting widow".
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 3:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• No THING is "to die for". As former military (I served 2 tours in the Gulf) my country was "to die for".

And Alice is right - we don't know what another might be dealing with. "To die for" is a pretty careless and callous term. I'm aware that many people use it carelessly and lightheartedly - but people also use words like "gay" and "nigger" and "jew" and "retard" carelessly and even lightheartedly - does that make it right? I believe it does not.
    snivic

Answer by snivic at 3:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Although not often, I've used it in the past. I never took the time to think about how it might impact those around me. It's true, we don't know what path another person is walking. Words have power and we should choose them more wisely. I certainly won't be saying it anymore.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I don't say it..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• For nothing. I don't use that term. And agree with the point others are making - it's not really a good term to be using.
    3boysandmekmcd

Answer by 3boysandmekmcd at 3:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would never use those words.
    errantmommy

Answer by errantmommy at 3:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I agree with alice and clearly many others, it's an inappropriate expression.
    ihatetocook

Answer by ihatetocook at 3:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I don't ever use that term. I think it's creepy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010