If you have sex with your partner and after you feel like you got a yeast infection does this mean he gave it to you because he slept with another woman?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• No. Men can get yeast infections and its not necessarily because he "caught" it from someone else. You could've had to beginning of one and just didn't notice it until after you had sex.
    massage_mama

Answer by massage_mama at 12:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I am not sure even how this kind of reasoning would work.
    Anonymous

• That doesn't necessarily mean that he caught it from someone else. Sometimes sex makes a yeast infection worse. A few months ago while I was on antibiotics, my husband and I had sex and I noticed the same thing. I knew that a yeast infection was probably going to happen and it seemed like intercourse set it off. The next day, my husband noticed a sore on his penis indicating that he got a yeast infection too. We waited a few days until the symptoms seemed to be gone and it happened all over again! The best I can guess is that he and I spent a week or so passing it back and forth.

My advice: stay away from intercourse for about a week.
    tizzanny

Answer by tizzanny at 1:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Sometimes not cleaning properly after havng sex can cause a yeast infection.
    That time of the month and what your eating can do it also.

If you think he's been sleeping around and this is how you got it then I would go get tested for any type of STD, then start bagging it. At least you know that if you are negative and then later on you become positive, then he gave you something. I have heard that Herpes can also give you a yeast infection when first exposed to it. There are different types of Herpes. It can follow with flu like symptoms.
    Anonymous

• Are you on antibiotics or anything like that? I have had yeast infections in the past that were caused by penicillian (sp?). Also, I have gotten them from hot tubs too....probably too much chemicals in the water, or not enough? Done any hot tubbin lately? I surely WOULD NOT blame it on an affair.
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 2:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Bubble baths to can give youa yeast infection
    Anonymous

• You can have a yeast infection and not know it and ya'll can pass it back and forth to each other,the "ping-pong" effect.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• No men can have yeast too they just don't feel the infection in the same way we do. Get him a script for Diflucan. Talk to him if you do suspect him of cheating, but yeast is not passed typically from female, to male, to female. It is always in our bodies and sugars, alcohol and other things can throw it out of wack.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2008