If I thicken my daughters food with a little wheat germ...

because it comes out runnier after being frozen, how much can I use? because it loosens stools too much can cause diarrheaa, so how much is ok a day for a baby under 1?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try baby cereal. I use it to thicken my sons food. N it's whole grain
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Try baby rice or oatmeal cereal
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Wheat is a common allergen, so I would not use this until at least a year old.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Grains are hard to digest and since wheat germ is high in fiber it would be even harder to digest. I wouldn't give it to a baby under 1. You may be adding too much water or processing foods too much. Babies can feed themselves fork mashed foods. The food doesn't need to be watery and it's better if they feed themselves then if they are spoon fed. If you wanted to feed your baby some sweet potato you could microwave or steam a big sweet potato and fork mash it. Let the baby feed himself some. Put a little in the fridge for another feeding. Then you could put serving size mounds on a pan or in a dish, cover and freeze (don't add any water or process). Once frozen you could put the mounds in a zip lock bag. Then when you thaw they should still be thick.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:37 PM on Sep. 28, 2010