How young is too young for a bike?

My son will be 2 in Feb and I want to get him the Radio Flyer 10" training bike. But my husband thinks he is too young and would rather get him Elmos Resurant. I think he would love the bike though, and only like the resturant thing for awhile before he grown out of it. What do you think?

This is what it is:

http://www.radioflyer.com/trikes/bikes_36.html

BoobiePrize

Asked by BoobiePrize at 12:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My mom bought Xylia a little bike with training wheels on it a WHILE ago but I won't let her use it yet. I wanted her to have a trike first lol. Call me silly but getting my first bike was a BIG thing when I was little.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 12:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• my son got a bike for his 2nd b-day its just that we need the time to teach him to pedal is all... he loves it though...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 12:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• That is a cute bike! Maybe you can test drive one to see how it goes and where he's at with it.
    badpenny74

Answer by badpenny74 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• we got tyler a fisherprice bike, well his dad did as a surprise. He's little legs dont even reach the pedals yet, poor thing lol. it says ages 1-3 or something like that and tylers almost 1 and a half so idk at least we have one for him when the time comes lol. srry i couldnt help much.
    Hayz71101

Answer by Hayz71101 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2008