What are your thoughts on home churches?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_church

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 3:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I hink as long as you give God the Gory it doesn't matter if you are in a huge Temple or a closet. Home churches are more personal and smaller, which makes it easier to ave a close relationship with the churcha nd members.
    Suga40

Answer by Suga40 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'd much rather be part of a home church than a superchurch.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• The church I attend began in a home in the 50's. as they got more people the church was built. I have been to a service in a house church before. My denomination has many churches that are fairly small and if a newer one crops up it might begin in someones home if the funds aren't there or the property to have the church built immedietly.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 3:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm a Solitary Pagan... My "Church" is where ever I am. I don't see a need for anyone to have a brick and mortar building in order to connect to their higher power... So if they have that connection at home, or if a group has the need or ability to gather in someone's home, a field or anywhere else there isn't any reason that can't be their church...

Coming at this from a more Christian view - Jesus had a habit of going off to be "with God" and he was rarely in a "place of worship" when he did so. The intent and the connection is what matters, not what we call the building.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• The intent and the connection is what matters, not what we call the building.--

BRAVO!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• A "church" is just a body of believers. So a church can meet anywhere. The Bible also makes it clear that a biblical, new testament church must have a Pastor to lead them, not just a group of men to take turns having a bible study.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 6:37 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• 100 years ago it was common practice for congregations to meet in people's homes until they grew enough to need a separate building. my great-great grandfather's home was one such meeting place.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have been in them... 2 out of three that I went to did not last. I will not get into why as it would be dishonoring. 4 yrs ago God told me he wants me in a more established church. I found my church home and been there 4 yrs and love it. I was driving home from school and was thinking about my church and realized that it is the only church I have attended that brought tears to my eyes because I could feel the presence of God. All the others I went to did not have that.
    This church started IN a home with pastors WILLING to be changed from the inside. They went from a religious mindset to a relational mindset and because of this as well as choosing to follow God who said they will build the Kingdom because Jesus already built the church ( thats the body of Christ! ) Because of this the church is growing and people are being set free and sent out to do Kingdom Reality Stuff that Jesus did.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:20)

The building doesn't matter. What matters is the relationship between you and God.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 2:22 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't have an opinion one way or another. If that is what floats your boat, why not?
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 29, 2010