For military wives who have been through a deployment//........

Ok i will try to make this make sense lol. i have been given a time frame in which my husband will be home, other wives are hearing different things, i know for security reasons they don't tell the exact date. my question is this- has anyone had them give you a time frame and then they actually came home a little sooner? i am wondering if this is a trend, or something they do for security. my husband has been gone for over a year already and has gotten screwed into staying long so i am a little ancy to have him back! they keep changing dates! it is sooooo frustrating!- thanks so much in advance!

mywilber

Asked by mywilber at 3:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Welcome to the military mama! There will never be given an exact date besides MAYBE a month before they a due to arrive. Rumors fly around when it comes to leaving and deploying. Your best bet is to have your hubby has his commanding officer and stick to what he says. I hope he comes home soon for you Good Luck, Let me know if you need to know anything else. I'm on deployment #2 right now
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• *Leaving and coming
    mommy_of_two388

• has anyone had them give you a time frame and then they actually came home a little sooner?

~I have had him come home 1 day 'sooner' . However, more often he gets home the actual day or a day or 2 later... Once, we were all at the hangar.... waiting, and only half the troop got off the plane... That was more poor communication on behalf of the ops and maintainers.... It IS frustrating... Sometimes, when they get out of the 'theater' and they stop in (Ramstein, Dover, etc) they can call you or the first shirt or FRG can call you and give you an update.. Good Luck.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My husband's first deployment he was there an extra 2 months (gone for 15 months)back in 2004 and his second in 2008 he was back after only 9 months.
    I don't know if that helps. All we can do is wait and think way ahead knowing he will be home for the next holiday, birthday or holiday. Counting down exact days is just too hard.
    DoveMomma

Answer by DoveMomma at 4:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My husband was deployed during Desert Storm, and if there is one thing that I know it is that we wives have to get good at waiting. I don"t think I knew until about 48 hrs. in advance that he was coming home. We are civilians now and my thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    AuntErma

Answer by AuntErma at 4:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My husband did come home sooner than anticipated but, that was because he ended up on the cargo plane. I didn't know until he was boarding the plane.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It depends on the deployment and OPSEC rules. I have been told a time frame on each one and never had one match up. Last deployment, I was told 3-5 weeks, then recieved a call from my husband from Ireland that he would be home the next day. It was a surprise because he had never come home early before that and I had not heard from him for a couple weeks and did not know he had left Iraq. Usually they are not able to give a date and time until they have purchased tickets for the return or the plane that is taking them home has landed at a friendly airbase.
    ivy102381

Answer by ivy102381 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• thanks everyone, yea it figures it's just random,,, it is the army uhh
    mywilber

Comment by mywilber (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• On deployment one they came back a week later then what they said they were going to and on deployment two it was three days sooner... it all just really depends on when they can get flights out and how hard the guys in charge of cargo want to be on them.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 7:37 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• NEVER earlier always later ;) at least for us lol just know it's soon and someday soon you're going to get an awesome phone call telling you he will be home that day or the next!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:26 AM on Sep. 29, 2010