Do you celebrate Christmas on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 3:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Holidays

• Both. On Christmas Eve my whole family goes to mass and then out for a nice dinner. Then my family of six has a tradition of driving around and looking at Christmas lights and then we go back to the house and each kid gets a pair of slippers and new pajamas to open on Christmas Eve. Then on Christmas morning we open stockings and the presents under the tree and then everyone goes over to my parent's house for more presents and dinner. And then a few days after Christmas we fly up to see his family and celebrate :)
    Bee.Girl4177

Answer by Bee.Girl4177 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Om Christmas day, The whole idea is to celebrate the birth of Christ and not so much of the gift giving and such. Opening the presents on Christmas morning is the highlight of the kids day and for me cookingt the dinner and the family waiting to eat is mine.
    Suga40

Answer by Suga40 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Both. In my family and DH's family, presents are opened on Christmas Eve. However, I REFUSE to let my son miss out on Christmas itself, so we save his (and his cousins) big gifts for Christmas Day. I remember growing up, and how disappointed I felt on Christmas Day because I had nothing to look forward to. It was just another day to me. We didn't do the big family thing (we used to have dinner, but that stopped) and religion is not big in my family, so that part of Christmas didn't interest me. For us (the three of us, plus DH's family), it's about giving, being with each other and yes getting too. It's nice to get presents. I want my son to wake up on Christmas morning and see his excitement in the morning.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• christmas day
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 3:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• We open presents on Christmas Eve (that nite) and eat christams dinner on christmas day
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Christmas day.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 3:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• both... we take the kids over to my parent's on christmas eve around dinner time and then on christmas day we go to the inlaws then to my grandmothers ...usually the saturday before we all get together with dh's whole family
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Open presents Christmas Eve, santa and Christmas dinner on Christmas day
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Both. I spend Christmas Eve with some of my family opening gifts and eating dinner and then we open gifts and eat with other members of the family.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• In the past few years that we had lived close to family we celebrated Christmas at our house on the 23rd...went to MIL and my aunt's on Christmas Eve, and then my mom's and grandmas on Christmas Day....It was sooo much! We were usually worn out for days. Hubby is in the military and we moved a couple of states away this year so I will go back to just Christmas day for presents and dinner.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2010