Showers?

K moms. Ya know how we take showers with our toddlers when they are old enough to? Boy or girl. Why can a mother take a shower with her son but a father cant take a shower with is daughter? I would never let my so take a shower with our daughter b/c it seems wierd. What do you think?? Why can it go one way and no the other?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it's a big deal unless you make it a big deal. My 2 youngest (B &G) will still shower with me or their dad, but the older ones who are both 8 don't shower with others any more.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• its a personal comfort thing. i wouldn't shower with my son because it seems weird to me. if my hubby were comfortable with it, i wouldn't care if he showered with our daughter (we don't have a dd, but if we did...).
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• We are a little more open. My husband showers with my daughter all the time. I actually like it because it gives me a nice little break. Some of the cutest pictures we have are with dh and dd in the shower.

We also take family showers with all three of us. I know that is a little weird. But we have fun. We sing songs, play with toys, spit water at each other, and take turns holding the dd.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• The reason that it is not socially acceptable is because the World does not think that a father can have a good relationship with his daughter without having sex with her. Our world is so obsessed with sex these days that they have people believing that men always think about sex and cannot be trusted with their own dayghters. I would let my husband shower with our daughter if we had one. Trust is the big issue!!!! We hear of so many men raping young girls, even their own daughters some times that we are afraid. Well, my husband, I trust!!!!!!!
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I don't think it is okay... I don't shower with my boys and I wouldn't shower with my girls (if I had them) I don't see any thing wrong with babies but once they are todlers and old enough to see the difference in the bodies they are to old to be showering with adults!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I trust that my so would never do anything wrong. It just seems odd, I dont think that if i had a son that i would shower with him either.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2008