Ok Momma's, when did the bottle finally disappear completely?

My DD will drink from a sippy except at night - she has to have her night time bottle or she will not go to sleep! How do you wean them off of it? She is almost 17 months....I do not want a 2 year old with a bottle! Help!

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 3:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would try just putting water in the bottle at night.. in theory she will soon realize if she wants "the good stuff", she'll use her sippy!
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 6:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My son was 13 months

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• with both my kids at a year old. They went cold turkey and was fine with it even though it took a bit to find the right sippy for my son
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• About a year old...we did away with it cold turkey also.
    kwest_1

Answer by kwest_1 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My older daughter was completely transitioned to a sippy cup by one, but I didn't get rid of the bedtime bottle with my twins until between 13 and 14 months. When you get ready to do it be sure you put all the bottles and bottle accessories out of sight or throw them out completely. With my twins, the first night they went without a bottle we took them to the park and the store in the evening and came home at bedtime. They were tired from the activity and ready for bed. I think changing their usual evening schedule also helped distract them. We had errands or something to do each evening for the first 3 nights, and we only had one of them cry for a bottle one night after that. We used the same method when we ditched pacifiers, and it worked well for that too. GL!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• About 2years, maybe a little later. My son would not drink milk out of a sippy cup. My MIL had a great idea to go buy special milk cups. So, we went to the store and I told him, he could pick out any cup he wanted as his special milk cup. Went home, put milk in it and by by bottle. Worked like a charm!
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Maybe, you can go out and have her pick out a speacial night night cup. Use it only at night for a while and when she is definitely off the bottle, then you can use it whenever.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• 11 months. He could use a sippy, but, I didn't bother losing the bottle until 11 months.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• 12 months, we did it cold turkey.
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• 13 months
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 4:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010