IS IT NORMAL THAT MY SON ISN'T WALKING YET? HE JUST TURNED 1 ON OCTOBER 3RD

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes. It's perfectly normal. My daughter didn't walk until 15.5 months. Babies generally start walking between 11-18 months. Anywhere in that range is perfectly normal! :) Don't worry, Mama....he'll be fine! :)
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 12:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I just want to say that I don't think it is anything to worry about. Kids start walking when they are good and ready. My daughter is 13 months, and still not walking completely. I thought that she would have walked way sooner, by watching her older sister. She is 4 and was two months premature, and still was walking by 13 months. So hang in there, he will be running around before you know it.
    Stephanie15

Answer by Stephanie15 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My dd started walking around 13-14 months. Once she moved to the toddler room at the day care and saw the other kids and played with the walker toys, she walked within the week.
    Anonymous

• my son didn't walk until he was 14.5 months. he was also a "late" crawler (8 months, and even that is within the range of "normal").

each baby develops on its own timetable. some develop more physically and then emotionally, others do it the other way around.

even though my son was a "late" walker, once he did start walking he was off. he never regressed back to crawling and he was very sure on his feet. i like to think that he was smart and careful enough to gather all the info on how to walk before he took those first steps. ;)
    sunnykate

Answer by sunnykate at 5:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• my-twins-are-15-months-kinda-walks..not-really..they-were-preemiee-so-they-have-up-to-19months
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Every milestone is different for every kid. My ds did not walk until he was 15 months old. I inquired at his 15 month check up and the Dr said his leg muscles were unusually strong for his age, but no worries, he will walk when he is ready. He started walking 3 days later, LOL. He is now 17 1/2 months and runs everywhere!
    SamanthaSL

Answer by SamanthaSL at 8:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2008