Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is there any grants/free money for single moms

im looking to go to school in jan, i just cant pay for everything. i was really hoping i can be a full time college person. but the only way i can do that is if i dont work. i plan on going back to work as soon as i can but i just think it would be easyer to work on college and everything. i applied for the bell grant and stuff so if anyone can help me it would be great, thanks

Answer Question

Asked by cowgirl856 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 3 (15 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • yep, google it! All kinds.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Financial aid will pay for living expenses.

    Answer by UpSheRises at 4:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • It is the pell grant. Go to financial aid.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 4:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • It is a free country. There must be free money somewhere.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 4:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • My school has a program called CARE that pays for childcare for single parents.

    Answer by luvsmysonjames at 4:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • There is state assistance for childcare for full time working or full time school moms, its based on income. The pell grant, student loans, which you pay off after you graduate, and TONS of scholarships you can write essays for them or just simply apply and get them.

    Answer by bjojola at 4:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
Do you blow

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))