Mother-in-law

My husband's family is Catholic, so is my husband. I'm not. He accepts that I am not, and I accept that he is. Religion is not a problem in our relationship. My husband is even considering leaving Catholicism, not because of anything I said or did, simply because his beliefs are changing. That isn't the issue however. We use condoms. Our youngest is 7 months, and we don't want another baby at all right now. My mother-in-law snooped one day while she was visiting us, and found the open box of condoms in our bedroom. Not only did she violate our privacy, she then called me vile names, and told me I was unworthy of her son, since I "obviously did not want what God intended for me to receive". This is our choice. It has nothing to do with her. I am furious that she would do and then say something like this. My husband wants to handle it for me, but I want to deal with her. But I have no idea what to do or say to her. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• tell her to mind her own business and shut her trap. Tell hr its a mutual decision and she has no say in it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Let your husband take care of it. She has her beliefs and you have yours.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would honestly let him deal with her. She had NO right to pry into your business and if youre not ready for another baby at this time then you are doing the right thing.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i would let him deal with it,.
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 4:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i would tell her to mine her own business it has NOTHING to do with her...that is a choice that you and your husband need to make on what you do behind close doors...she cursed at you im sorry but anyone talk nasty to me i would just smacked her in the mouth...nobody should go into ones home to disrespect or play detective... good luck with evil mil...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 4:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would tell her to mind her own business, and then have my husband deal with his mother from now on. She would not be invited back into my home for a while, either. HE is the one wearing them, why doesn't she take her beef up with him? Seems nasty that she would care about something that goes on her son's penis, right? lol
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 4:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i'd let him deal with it but they know you're not catholic so why is she jumping on you to begin with it's not like you have the same beliefs anyway
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would let DH handle it.

It might be helpful to write a letter to her, and say all the things you want to say. Even though you'll never give it to her it might make you feel a little better.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Wow, and I thought my Mother in law was bad! I would politely remind her that you are not catholic and I would imagine that her snooping through your bedroom drawers must violate some kind of catholic rule! That seems pretty psychotic.
    anniedooday

Answer by anniedooday at 4:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Let your husband deal with her. She is his mother, and he has known her a lot longer then you, and can probably get to the bottom of it better than you can. I know one thing for sure, I would not let her back in if your husband is not home!
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 5:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2010