What herbs can I take that don't effect blood pressure..need them for stress? Is st. John's wart a good relaxant,I know it works for depression and could help with stress?

Herbs are powerful and more dangerous than I thought.They can help you but can cause health problems if you don't know how to use them.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 12:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Health

• Do NOT take herbs if yo are pregnant. Believe it or not..anti-anxiety drugs can be okay durking pregnancy. Talk to your OB..I took anti-anxiety anti/depressent during my pregnancy (Zoloft) it really helped me and helped me get through the postpartum part. There are doctors out there who specialize in mental-health issues of pregnant woman, your OB may be able to help you find one.
    portakolis08

Answer by portakolis08 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• chamomile is wonderful for stress...tea is the best and can be found almost anywhere although using fresh buds are best. Lavender is also good but not to be taken internally. Making a sachet with lavender blossoms and chamomile buds is a easy way to keep the scent near you. you can carry it around in your pocket.

bbwitchd

Answer by bbwitchd at 1:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I 've heard St.John's wart works for depression but it has side effects that are just as scarey as taking a anti-depressant.I don't think it gives you dry mouth,constipation and weight gain,so it's worth trying.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 1:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I tried a Rose petal tea one time,I got it at a health food store.It is highly concentrated Rose and it was very relaxing and soothing,more so than Chamolmile.I would try it again,if I could find it. Anybody interested in this tea,should look it up on the internet,I'm sure it's there.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 1:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• there are several herbs that are safe during pregnancy... and several not recommended. too long to go into here -- pm me if you want to ask me i am an herbalist.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2008