Nightmares

Do your kids have bad dreams? What do you do to calm them down?

kamore

Asked by kamore at 4:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I go in and hold them and pray with them.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 4:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Oh my gosh i read this and it reminded me of about a week ago my dd (22 months old) woke up and said "oh no" then "mom...mommy " then starting to cry screamed out mommy....so i ran in to check on her to make sure she was ok..she looked at her little stuffed bunny and pushed it away and started crying....so i think maybe she had a bad dream about her bunny...i donno, but she was up in my arms for about a hr with me trying to calm her down..about a hr and 1/2 later she went back to bed snuggled into bunny and went back to sleep!!
    That was the only night that happened!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 4:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• LOL, this is what I did. I took one of my spray bottles (detangling spray) and filled it with water and a little perfume and called it nightmare spray.

When I put her to bed, I would spray it in the room. From that night on, she hasn't had any. She also has a flashlight by her bed.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• yes my son is almost 2 and has started to have bad dreams... i asked the doctor about it and she said it happens and that it should go away on its own.... she said that if they get them young they are less likely to have them a lot when they get a little older... my sister still has night terrors also and she is almost 8 but she didnt have them when she was young... i just pick up my son and rock him and sing to him or talk to him in a soft voice to let him know im there... it doesnt take long before he falls back asleep... i do wish i knew of a way to stop it all together though... good luck
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 4:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My DD is 5 and she had a nightmare a feww weeks ago. Her toy car came to life and run me over and then the care bears were too sad to do anything to help me..! So anyway, what I did was let her sleep in my room and make jokes about it before sleep. The spray idea was really good with monsters when she was 3-4..!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 4:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2010