what to get 2 year old son for christmas?

his birthday is dec 17 and then christams is not far from there... we are not quite sure what to get him for the holidays? any ideas

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 4:37 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Turn him loose in Toys R'Us and the top 3 toys that he just doesn't want to let go of, get them for him.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• stocking stuffers were a dvd set of thomas and friends movies, candy, crayons and coloring book. main gift was a thomas and friends magnetic playset w/ extra tracks and extra trains. I have no idea what to do for him this year
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Big sturdy cars or trucks are great at that age. The Little People Garage is also a good bet. Duplo blocks are great too, and they can be used for years. An tent you can set up indoors is a lot of fun. The Animal Planet Dinosaur sets at Toys R Us are pretty cool. Dress up hats like fireman helmets, construction helmets, etc. are nice. Books, puzzles, coloring books and crayons, and play dough are fun, but may require more supervision than some other things. A nice fuzzy blanket with characters on it could be useful. If he doesn't already have a tricycle or a scooter, those might be nice if you live somewhere with a mild winter (otherwise he won't get to use them until spring, and that wouldn't be fun)!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I forgot to mention. I found the Thomas playset w/ extra trains at a consignment sale (extra tracks I bought new at walmart)...only $10!! That saved me a ton of money. What does your son like?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• he is very active... i think he is starting to like the cause and effect toys... and he is starting to watch shows on tv some you can tell he likes more than others... he watches Thomas the train... and anything that involves dancing and singing... wonderpets and seseame street... we are thinking about a bike and or scooter
    jaksonsmommy

Comment by jaksonsmommy (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My son LOVES Thomas the Train... he's getting that... along with some books and clothes.
    My son also has a balance bike, he LOVES it. It's a 2 wheel bike with no pedals..
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think a bike or scooter could be an awesome idea. My son will be 3 in January and he LOVES his bike :)
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• How about a tricycle or a powered ride-on car/ATV? The balance bikes are great too. My nephew had one when he was 2 and loved it. I'm hoping to get one for my son when he turns 3 in Jan.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 1:33 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• books and music and ball
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:48 AM on Oct. 1, 2010