Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really Need HELP!

So, I filed for a divorce, we signed a settlement agreement, were able to work things out as far as that goes. Just waiting for the judge to actually sign the agreement for us. But here's my problem... I can't get him to leave. He wants a relationship after the divorce. I don't. I just want it to be done and over with. As long as he is still in this house, it is impossible to function, cause, yes, there are still feelings there. I feel like he is taking advantage of that cause every time I tell him to leave he starts with the touchy feely things. I am scared to death of him, nd that anxiety has sent me to the hospital. He says if we can't be together then we don't need to live. Even said he would shoot me n himself and punch the bastard that ruine our marriage (which is just something he made up in his own mind a believes that I have someone else.) do I get him to leave? Me leaving is not an option

Answer Question

Asked by Pip-Squeek at 4:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Relationships

Level 6 (122 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • If you are afraid of him hen call the police, or go to a shelter. Why is you leaving not an option? Do you have nowhere to go? There are alot of programs out there for women in your situation.

    Answer by momof3josephs at 4:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Wow! I would wait for the judge to sign the agreement I guess and then I would tell him to leave and call the cops if he doesnt leave. I would not stay in the house while calling the police. You will prob need to get a restrainign order if he threatens you again!!

    Answer by ria7 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Call the police and explain this situation. If he agreed to leave in the divorce and the settlement then they should be able to escort him out. If he's threatened you, I'd go get a restraining order .


    Answer by hobbitswife04 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Two words - RESTRAINING ORDER!!!!!!
    This is the kind of stuff you see on the news.....take no chances with this - Do you have kids?!

    Answer by chefronswife at 4:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • So why isn't he out. You can get an immediate restraining order and get him out of the house. In the state where I got my divorce even without a restraining order I got my husband out in 24 hours, no abuse or threats. There is no reason for him to be there if you are divorcing. Call your local woman's shelter, they will know the laws in your state and lawyers to call. A good lawyer will know how to get your husband to have to pay for everything.


    Answer by Gailll at 4:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Have you heard about all the men that have actually went through with all thier threats during a divorce? If you feel that your life is in danger in any way, you need to get out until you can have feel safe. A restraining order will not stop him from coming near you because its just a piece of paper and we all know that paper cannot and will not someone from following through on a threat. You claim that leaving is not an option but how valuable is your life?

    Answer by treasured_hope at 5:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Honey,you need to get him to leave.I would start by getting a restraining order.You need to get on with your life.And you certainly can't live in fear.that is not healthy for you or your kids.And the threats.I would be taking them seriously.We just had a cop shoot and kill his wife and 2 friends a few months back.They were just "living together" too.And he just snapped one night.found them at a bar and killed them.Nobody thought he was capable either.Get him out now mama!!!

    Answer by bvannkissy at 6:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • After the divorce is finalized, if it says that you get the house, I think you can have him evicted. Not certain so look into it. And I would get a restraining order because of the things he's been saying but you have to pay to renew them every year.

    Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • It all depends on the state you live in in regards to having to pay to renew the restraining order.In Oregon,you don't spend a dime.It shouldn't matter anyway.Your safety is first & foremost!!!!!

    Answer by bvannkissy at 9:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • You need a Restraining the police.

    Answer by mp3mom at 10:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.