What is a good car for a 5-6 person family.

I need to figure out a best car for my family
the only thing I really am looking for is great gas millage and best if it's American made.
Anyone know any good cars or even better, trucks?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Shopping

• You could try Chevy equinox. Great gas mileage, seats 5 comfortably. It is a cross over SVU with 32 highway, 24 city.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My hubby has an f250 super duty that is comfy with everyone but sucks the gas. I have a 09 Pontiac G6. It's awesome on gas, looks nice, comfortable on long trips, and fits everyone comfortably. I have had SUVS but I hate paying for the tires and the insurance on them! Gas guzzlers too.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• wow...we too are looking for a family car. So far the Toyota Highlander is in first place. But I know you said american made.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Many Toyota trucks and SUVs, including the Highlander crossover, are made in the US. If your main concern is gas mileage, your best bet will be a crossover or a mini van. Most trucks and truck-based SUVs aren't that great on gas mileage. I have an SUV, a Ford Explorer, and I love it! It seats 6, but it definitely does not get great gas mileage.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2010