Halloween Themed Birthday - any fun ideas?

Hi,

I'm helping plan my goddaughters halloween birthday party. We're thinking a haunted house of some sorts, a best costume contest & scary food. Has anyone out there been to a halloween party and have any ideas that they could share? or recipes? or crafts?

Thanks!

babylotus

Asked by babylotus at 4:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Holidays

• How about designing your own cupcakes? Just get some cupcakes with fall colored icing (or make your own cupcakes and icing), bring some sprinkles with a Halloween theme and some of the treat bag plastic rings, and some candy like M&Ms, Skittles, and other small candies to stick in the cupcakes?

As far as crafts, the only things I can think of are getting some tiny pumpkins and paint and letting everyone paint a pumpkin (maybe have a contest for that, too?) and making paper or foam masks for the party.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my dd was born on halloween :) she will be 4!
    What about bobbin' for apples.. or everyone making their own carmel apples with sprinkels..
    hmm.. IDK .. got a few more years till we have "wicked parties"... maybe have to keep my eye on this post ;)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• IDK...A spooky hide N" seek with all ghosts (Sheets). A pin the nose on the Witch, LOL Blinded by a bat-fold... Google ideas!
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 7:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Why not go for a theme that's not too scary, maybe Alice in wonderland, so everyone can dress in that theme in your family, but all the other costumes will fit in :)
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2010