Novasure?

Has anyone had this procedure done to help with your cycle? Mine have gotten horrible lately and even hormonal BC hasn't helped. Just curious about some personal experiences.

August07Mom

Asked by August07Mom at 4:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Health

• Are you done having kids? It basically cauterizes the inside of the uterus. I wish I had done it. I had set up to do so and insurance wouldn't take it. But my other doc told me, it doesn't help with the pain from the periods, just the heaviness.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I had a hydrothermal ablation last October. My doctor chose that over Novasure because it uses free-flowing heated water which reaches the entire endometrium. Novasure only burns where the triangular mesh touches, so there will likely be some healthy tissue left over after the procedure.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2010