who is this woman??? (dealing with a parent who changes)

I get so damned frustrated. The woman who rased me never thought it was important to point out the color of someone's skin. The woman who rased me ate 3 square meals. The woman who raised me wasnt bothered if people had more or less than she did. Then she moved to small town USA.

Now she feels it is important to include the race when ever telling me about someone. She considers soad a drink to be consumed with every meal, potato chips a side dish, and McDonald and appropriate dinner. AND she had to talk ill of anyone with money. WTH???

WHO IS THIS WOMAN????

Any one have a parent do a complete 180 on them???? How do I deal with her when she is so NOT the moral, healthy, nice person who raised me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• my mom was always the second person you described so no i have not experienced that... have you asked her about it lately? maybe a life crises thing... my mom went through one of those again... now shes remarried and equally unhappy
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 4:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Personally I blame her husband. Nice nice man but sooooo small town. ANY thing different is bad. She moved back and flipped into someone totally different. She is still fun, and nice.... but soooooo different than the woman who raised me.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yep my mom did this when my parents got divorced. She pretty much started dressing like a teenager, started dating married men who only had Harley Motorcycles and completely forgot she was a mother. Never called, never visited, didn't care about my kids, she would call and talk to me like we were friends or something.
    I stopped talking to her, let her have her life back and went on with mine. I tried talking to her about it a couple times, but there was no talking about it. Now its about 10 years later or so and our relationship is strained and while I miss having a mom I can't deal with it, its more stress than its worth. I've offered her help recently when my brother kicked her out, but she refused it and instead moved in with my sister. Whatever I say.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• OUCH blessedwboysx3. I guess I shouldnt complain.... looks like you have it MUCH worse. Sorry!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my mother and your mother should get together-
    my mom has since started dating married men, uses the word F every other word, we used to get sent to our rooms for saying that word, she drinks when she hardly ever did before, she smokes like there is no tomorrow, when she used to be a anti-smoking maniac,
    things that she would have never tolerated, she's like 'oh, that's fine'
    I could go on and on...................
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My parents got divorced and my mom, who used to be the hang out at home, spend time with her grandchildren, she worked, was involved in church, and all around positive mother is now not working, doesn't spend time with the grandkids (doesn't have time), she hangs out at the bar more days than not and incessantly complains about how tired and overworked she is.... She has changed to someone I NEVER expected her to be. I really hate the calls when she is telling me about the new guy shes seeing and all those interesting details...

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My mom was bi-polar.She denied it.She was an alcoholic.She denied it.My mom was very mean.She was in denial about it.My mom was not a good mom.She was in denial about it.My mom died 18 yrs. ago.She was only 52. How I wish I had my mom back!!!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 6:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm sorry Bvannkissy.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 10:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2010