What are some good, very low impact exercises to do during my pregnancy?

I am 16 weeks along and I am not able to do much because I have hip pains that leave me near paralyzed if I try to do to much... But my back is really starting to hurt from not doing much and I don't want it to be difficult for me to lose weight after I gave birth. (I had decided that I was going to change my life and lose 75 pounds.... two days later I found out I was pregnant.)

MysticDolphin86

Asked by MysticDolphin86 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Swim,swim,swim...no impact, great aerobic as well as muscle toning.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Are you able to walk at all? Walking when you can will help you.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yoga and stretching can really help with pain and strengthen your muscles and help you prepare for labor. Swimming and walking are great too,
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Mama, I can walk for five to ten minutes. It is difficult for me to even go shopping.
    MysticDolphin86

Comment by MysticDolphin86 (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• swimming or water aerobics would be great, but there are low impact pilates you can do as well.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• yoga
    WAH_Mama

Answer by WAH_Mama at 6:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i was going to say walk.. even if its for 5 minutes at a time its better than nothing..
    What about doing arm workouts? atleast you will have tones arms & be ready to carry a child. a stroller. a diaper bag. a purse. and not get winded ;)
    Get creative with what you can do. can you lay on your side & workout your inner/outer thighs? While sitting on the couch do leg lifts.
    Get on all 4s & do leg workouts..

Get creative :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2010