My 5 year old has been peeing on his floor in his room, why is he doing this all of a sudden.

He has done this 3 times total, the 3rd time was today after I got him off the bus, he said he had to go to the bathroom and ran to the bathroom or so I thought, I went into his room which is right next to the bathroom and found him with his pants down peeing in the corner..... please help!

padgturner

Asked by padgturner at 5:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• have u asked him why? Talk to him. Find out what's going on, then contact his dr.
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• No clue. Mine does the same! In the corner!! I have been cleaning carpet every otHer day! Still smellslike pee. I will check back in later as inquiring minds want to know!
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• First of all, ask him why he is doing that. Take him to the dr if you think you need to. If nothing is wrong phisically, and he is just being a brat, make him clean up his own pee.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 5:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think I would consider consequences to this behavior. It seems if he were doing this at night that it would be a sleep walking issue, but since he's just coming in from school and doing it, I would think it's a behavior issue. I would make him help you clean it up, expose him to the smell, and work it takes to clean it up, he might be less inclined to pee there if he has to clean it up. You should also start removing the things he loves in his room until he can have enough respect for his room, and take care of it.. Just a thought, hope it helped some...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Something is wrong somewhere. Did u ask him? Maybe he is stressed being on the school bus or being bullied. Kids act out in the strangest ways when under stress bc they don't know how to handle it. Or maybe its just a simple matter of watching a program that showed someone doing it like that and he's copying. Either way you have to find out. Remember to stay calm.
    dgall

Answer by dgall at 5:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• try talking to him first
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Thank you to all who have resonded, I have talked with him many times, he keeps telling me he did it because he wants to..... I have countless times asked him about school and the bus and he LOVES school and LOVES riding the bus. I have made it a routine every afternoon spending one on one time with him as soon as he gets home from school, right down to sitting at dinner and talking about his day. I have tried many different ways of talking to him and am frusterated by all this. I know he has just left home to go to school, he has not gone to day care, my husband and I work opposite shifts for one of us is home with the 2 boys. I am not sure if it is because all the changes and he only sees dad now on his days off or what. My husband has been trying for a year to get onto first shift and it is not working for him. Not sure if anyone else has an suggestions on this?????
    padgturner

Comment by padgturner (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• oh ya as of right now he no longer is allowed his DS and the dvd player has been taken away also. The other side of it is my other son who is turning 2 on Friday, not sure if this has something to do with it.....
    padgturner

Comment by padgturner (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Maybe you could escort him to the bathroom after school. Just one idea.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2010