• In the Spotlight:

weight loss after c section

Ok, i had a c sec with my second baby, and am holding on to about 15 pounds. I know how to diet and exercise and the weight is slowly coming off, but my stomach is not proportioned to the rest of my body. My jeans will either fit my waist or my hips, butt, and thighs, never all areas. what are some things i can do to lose my belly? I do sit ups and crunches every day, and push ups as well..(i am a navy mom) but nothing is helping to really decrease my waistline...any suggestions?

december911

Asked by december911 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I too had a c-section. I know what you mean about the jeans. Pilates really helped me, it toned the stomach down, but honestly its still not the same. Also wear spanks and it will look better.

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My OB/GYN has had 3 c/s and is in awesome shape. She said traditional crunches are a no-no because they it will not help those muscles lay fallter and istead you want to do cross body type ab work. Like twisting crunches, diagonal work(upper body right to lower body left and vise versa) type workouts. And running. She advocates lots of running.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Thanks, what bugs me the most about it is my SIL had 2 c sections and is smaller now than before she was ever pregnant..and barely a pooch! then again...I do have curves!
    december911

Comment by december911 (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i dont know, but i hope you get a lot of great answers. i have the same problem and have been trying everything also.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• how long ago did you your c-section? was your c-section scar perhaps a bit longer than most due to an emergency?

just keep doing what you doing, pilates are think are great. be patient with yourself, you'll get there.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 6:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my daughter will be six months next week, but I didn't start trying to lose weight until she was eight weeks old...no emergency scar, I guess it is a normal size, I am just impatient lol thanks for everyone's help
    december911

Comment by december911 (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i lost all my weight but still hold a gut from my csection an its nasty on my tummy cus it just sits over my pants cus i fit in but my ugly tummy sits over it an ive asked my doccoter an she says its more then likely going to stay there
    babykathy09

Answer by babykathy09 at 8:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• try the leg crunches (laying down, lift your legs). side crunches, and the ball crunches to really work those lower abs (which is where a lot of your problem area will be after a c section. )
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i agree with the running and doin abs workout gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2010