Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

still have not got my sons ss card and he is almost 9 mon!

wen i go to the ss office do i still get it 4 free or wat please dont bash


Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • My daughters was like $25 in Colorado to get. Wish it were free:( I didnt get hers until about 10 months so dont feel bad:)

    Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • I did not get my daughters until she was around 11 months old.

    Answer by Dannee at 1:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • Call them and find out what is going on with it. It can take a while. They will not charge you for another one if you did not get the first one.

    Answer by riotgrrl at 1:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • i got my daughters when she about a month old maybe your sso is backed up but i would call

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • Yes, it's free.

    Are you saying you never signed him up or that it hasn't arrived?

    Answer by gdiamante at 1:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • If you want to declare him as a dependent on your income taxes you will that number.


    Answer by wildgirl100 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • i think it depends on the state, and the timing of the year... when my son was born, we got his withing the second week of his birth.. and I would hope that you would still get his card for free.. cause thats an expensive thing to replace.. isnt like 75 bucks.. and why would anyone bash you for that one hon... at least he's got a card to get. Good Luck.. i'd give them a call, or call the hospital, for us, they were the ones that turned it in for us before he was born, maybe it was lost.. the paper work that is

    Answer by sweetscrappin at 2:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • call them... i got my sons two weeks after he was born!!! if you did have to pay its only like $11. On the other hand, i would let them know that you never received his card.

    Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • If you plan on claiming her on your taxes you better think about getting one soon as it takes a while for it to come in. Without it no tax credit for you to claim.

    Answer by shawslady at 4:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • Yes its free. Check to see if you can get the forms from online, and fill them out ahead of time. Then you will be in and out, and the card will come in the mail.

    Answer by isaboo22 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2008