hair ties

i call them hairbows but you know those little elastic things you use for a pony tails? what are some good ones? the kind i get always break.. i get the goody all elastic ones .. the ones with the metal on them break too... i have really thick curly hair if that helps lol

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• goody without the metal the thick ones .. mine ALWAYS break cause I have super thick hair, but them seem to last
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I LOVE the clear no tangle ones. Yes, they do strech out faster and you have to toss them, but they are the least damaging of all the hair bands.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i like the little plastic bands(clear or black)..they come in packs of..IDK..100?? they stretch well, without putting too much tension on the hair. if your hair is very thick, i suggest taking your hair into smaller sections (so the band will go around easier), but with the sections pulled close together..and then using a larger, decorative one to hold them all as one. or, you can save a very small amount of longer hair to wrap around the sections (2 or 3 sections, depending on how thick your hair is) to 'tie' them together..and secure that hair strand with a bobby pin. no one will even be able to see the hairbands. (a little trick i used when putting heavy, long hair up for special occasion hair)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm not sure what I have, but I remember that I tried the no-slip ones once and really liked them. I think the kind I use now is the same brand, just not the non-slip. They come in a bunch of different colors (you can get packs with brown, black, beige, and other neutral colors, or just black, or bright colors, etc.) and I've only had maybe one break, but that was after I wore it forever and washed it a few times lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My goody elastic ones always break too, and always at the most inopportune time! I'll have to try the plastic ones, those always looked to me like they would tangle your hair even though it said it wouldn't.
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 2:22 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• my hair is too thick for the plastic ones but thanks everyone
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 10:01 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Ive never found ones that don't break sooner or later. They just get worn out. The thicker your hair, the quicker they will wear out.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 12:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• How about using claw clips
    Sheleekieije

Answer by Sheleekieije at 7:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2010