What can I do to bring in more clients to my cleaning service?

tara_firma8

Asked by tara_firma8 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• donate services to fall festivals at schools Someone will win and maybe use you again.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 5:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Advertise in your local paper
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 5:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Also, some places like convenience stores may let you put up an advertisement in the window, you could do one where you print your business number/email/website vertically on the bottom, then cut in between those pieces, that way you can just pluck it off the paper... If you know what I mean? Lol. GL to you.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 5:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• List your services at www.care.com
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• First create a facebook page for your business. Then make people add your business as a friend to enter their child in a cutest baby contest. I almost got pulled into one for a car company in another state. They had a $120 toys r us gift certificate to the winner with the most likes on the baby photo. You can offer something like that or free cleaning services. I think it would be great to win a free cleaning service since I have a kid and know how hard it is to do everything myself. Plus if you added in something for my winning child like a toy or gift certificate I would want to join. If I entered I would ask my friends to add your page so they can vote for my child.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 7:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Advertise, give away some services as a trial. Where are you, we are looking for a new service.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:53 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• List your business on every single free listing site out there, such as merchantcircle.com, yelp.com, hotfrog.com, ETC. That will help you create a web presence. But honestly, the BEST way to get new quality clients to a small business is by doing an AWESOME job for your current clients, and then getting referrals from them to their friends and neighbors. Some of them--when exceptionally impressed--will probably also recommend you on their neighborhood association websites, which usually have a section for "preferred service providers". Seriously, for a small business with little budget for advertising, this is the best way to build up a steady roster of good, loyal clients. Knock their socks off with great service and professionalism, and the referrals will start coming in. And when they do, make sure to thank the referrer by sending a card and perhaps a little reward--a $5 Starbucks gift card, or $10 off their next cleaning.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:51 AM on Sep. 29, 2010