how soon after birth can you start wearing tampons personally i think they are way more comfortable then pads

almostmommyof3

Asked by almostmommyof3 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When you get your first normal period.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i went to the doctors 5 weeks after the baby and they told me i could exercise, have sex and wear tampons. i had a c section though. but i am pretty sure its the same
    michellem7781

Answer by michellem7781 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Tampons are for periods. So I would go back to tamons when you start your period. I have never had a dr allow the use of tampons after birth or female surgery.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 1:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• after birth on my release papers it sid 'nothing in vagina for 6 weeks' and they meant really nothing at all
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I was about to post the same exact thing that leksismommy said . . . nothing in the vagina for 6 weeks.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Not for postpartum bleeding, but you can use them when you get your period back. While you are having postpartum bleeding your cervix is open and you do NOT want a uterine infection.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• It's good to be able to closely monitor what's coming out of you right now, anyway, gross as it is!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• not till after locchia is over and you have a regular period
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• 6 weeks
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 3:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Wait until after your 6 week check up. I had an epiziotomy and tore, so my heeling time was much longer and my sensitivity to pain was worse. It depends on how you feel. I hated pads, but they were more comfortable than inserting a tampon the first few months.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2008