For those whose waters broke naturally -

did you get a gush/trickle out of nowhere, or did you feel some pressure and then the gush/trickle?
Like, what did you feel down there in the minutes before it broke??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I thought I had an "accident" when I got up out of bed. It wasn't a lot of fluid, but enough to know that my water had broken.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I was going pee after I got to the hospital and when I stood up, a gush came out of warm fluid... I thought I peed at first... then right before I started pushing my other bag broke and it squirted at the DR. lol I thought I had peed..., I don't remember pressure or anything other than my son's weight..
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It was a gush. It was around 5am I think and I just gushed (I was laying in my hospital bed). The nurse did not believe me when I said my water broke. "Oh you just peed on yourself." Whatever lady!
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• When my water broke with my first child it was a gush..I almost got my doc covered in the fluid...
    WranglerMommy

Answer by WranglerMommy at 6:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I was laying on my bed talking on the phone... The only way I know to describe the feeling is it was like when you have a heavy flow through your period and you feel the fluid coming out... I wouldn't call it a GUSH, but it was more than a trickle...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I didn't feel a thing... I got up off the couch to walk to the kitchen, and all of a sudden.... GUSH! I thought I'd peed my pants, but when I couldn't seem to stop, I figured it was my water, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I had the urgent feeling of having to go to the bathroom and didn't make it. It was between a trickle and a gush.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I was in the hospital on a birthing ball. It sounded like a ballon popping, I sat there for another 5 minutes or so and nothing happend so I thought I cracked my back or something. I stood up and GUSH, it was everywhere.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I was asleep & woke up feeling like I needed to pee but my sweats were already wet. There was still a little bit trickling out.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 7:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• When mine broke it was a huge amount!! Definitely no mistaking it LoL!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2010