I am 17 weeks and 4days pregnant, I had my period on march 1st then missed next one and found out I was pregnant

I was wondering if it's possible to have conceived a week before I got my period, february 24?

bellalola1212

Asked by bellalola1212 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Its possible, but unlikely. Has your doctor done an ultrasound yet? They can fairly accurately tell how far along you are by doing that. Why do you want to change it?
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 12:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I had an ultrasound that confirmed how far along I am since 1st day of my last period, but I had an incident with my ex a week before I got my period, and that's only a week apart, and ever since that's been on my mind.
    bellalola1212

Answer by bellalola1212 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• No, I would say that is not possible. And if the ultrasound confirmed your due date based on the first day of your lmp, the conception (ovulation) was actually about 2 weeks after that date. So if your lmp was March 1, you conceived around March 14, give or take a few days.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 1:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Usually, if you know the exact date of your LMP then the estimated conception and due dates are pretty accurate. I was interested to find out my date of conception as well because my husband and I weren't having intercourse regularly at that period in time. However, it was right!
    tizzanny

Answer by tizzanny at 1:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I had another ultrasound around 3 months with a different doctor who said the fetus is a week older by the measurements! Would that confirmed that I got pregnant a week before I got my period or that would just mean I conceived about a week after my period and not 2 weeks regarding ovulation is about 2 weeks thereafter.
    bellalola1212

Answer by bellalola1212 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Usually the earlier ultrasounds are more accurate as to due date than later ones. Later ultrasounds that push the due date back are really just showing larger than average babies. Don't stress it mama, there's not much you can do about it at this point anyway and it's possible but unlikely.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I had my last period on Nov. 3 but when i went to my first appointment, they told me i conceived on Nov. 1st... so yes, it is possible to have a period after you are already pregnant
    LovingLandyn08

Answer by LovingLandyn08 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2008