IUD?

can i take out my own IUD? i mean u just pull it out right? or is there danger if i do it my self i just dont have time right now to go to the docs to get it removed... sounds dumb i know if i dont have time for that then will i have time for a baby see the thing is we r saving money and i am making money to afford me to have time with the baby after its born but can i take it out on my own? any one know?

mommiehopfuly

Asked by mommiehopfuly at 1:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• No, you cannot. You can damage your cervix by yanking that thing out by yourself. Make an appointment, get it taken out, make sure is all well down there, and start taking prenatal vitamins asap.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 2:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I looked into this myself and you do not want to do it. It's almost impossible for you to be able to pull it out yourself at the right angle. You don't want to damage your uterus or cervix and never be able to have more babies, go to a doc. Planned Parenthood will take it out and they work on a sliding scale basis.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My IUD was sewn in! oooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccchhhhhhhhhh! Please do NOT take this out yourself!!!
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 9:37 AM on Oct. 23, 2008