Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i filed the papers for divorce from my husband whom im expecting a child with. long story but he was with a girl the next day. anyway, he said hed do it months ago and hasnt so i took time out of my own busy schedule to do this. all i need him to do now is sign the papers and hes making it so difficult.

first he says he doesnt wanna see me which is fine cuz i really dont wanna see him either...then he says to mail them but if i do theyll never get done in time...and then he says to meet at my lawyers and both go in together which is a conflict of interest to begin with and then i really dont wanna see him for that long anyway. what can i do to get him to just meet me somewhere local for 2 minutes just to sign? im getting so frustrated. im 20 weeks pregnant to him and havent asked for anything. he barely knows how far i am and doesnt even care. ive done everything from buying things for the baby to doctors appointments to the divorce by myself and its just really getting to me. all he does is spends time with his girlfriend. idk what to do and its really stressing me out which i know isnt good for the baby. any advice?? :)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

Answers (7)
  • Get a lawyer if you can. Let them handle it. The money spent is well worth the stress you can avoid.

    Answer by cdgoldilocks at 2:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • Any mutual friends? Maybe u can ask one of his friends who is yours too to take them to him. I was going to say he probably doesn't wanna see u cuz it would hurt him but u say he has been with his g/f all the time so i dunno. Maybe he is just immature. lol i dunno but i hope everything works out for u. :)

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • You know you can get a divorce without him signing the papers just speak with a laywer

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • hes very immature. they both are. i cant even enjoy my pregnancy because of them and his family. its really upsetting. i have a lawyer though...she got all the papers together for me. he just has to sign them. i just dont know why hes being so difficult when he has not a care in the world. im the one working to buy things for my baby and handling the divorce. why cant he just give me a break and make this easier on me? hes the one that left me and moved a girl in a few days later and then had his gf and his family trash talk me. so hes def not sad. i just feel bad for my baby.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • just show up at hi house with out him knowing and he will be forced to see you and forcedx to sign just do it to get it out of your way.....he doesnt deserve to have respect in this situation! you do what you need to do no matter what happens and if he is not home or doesnt answer sit in your car until he either comes home or comes out he will get so frustrated and finally give in.......or his girlfriend will make him get rid of you and he will do it! you have to treat the grown children like children! make him know you will not give up until he gives you want you want and deserve.

    Answer by babykins362003 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • he wants me to mail them to him which i wouldnt mind but i dont trust him to send them back...hes slacked on everything else...and i dont want him to be able to write down my address. they dont know where i live and id like to keep it that way.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • it seems like you is making excuses for him. maybe you dont want this divorce.if you really want those papers sign , trust me you will find a way. why are you stressing yourself about his girlfriend anyway.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.