what brand and type of bottles should I use?

Stuchie

Asked by Stuchie at 6:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i also loved the playtex drop ins but ultimately it will come down to what your baby likes. If you are breastfeeding i would suggest trying to find bottles that have a wide nipple rather than the skinny ones. Don't buy a ton of the same ones at first until you know what baby will take. pick a few different kinds that you would like to try and buy a couple of each...once you know which ones the baby likes you can buy more. If you are having a shower put a couple of different kinds of bottles on your registry.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I am a HUGE fan of the Playtex Drop-Ins... I never liked the other options. And they are easy to push the air out of so there was no extra air in the bottle or the little belly.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• We used playtex drop ins- no extra air, and super easy to clean. There are even off brand "drop-ins" that are cheaper than the brand name. The nipple on the bottle is wide, and seems like a breast to me, they also have different options- silicone or latex nipple.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 6:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Whatever baby will take. I suggest waiting until after baby gets here and after 4-6 weeks try one kind and go from there. Some babies are picky, some aren't. Look for a wide nipple so they have to latch on more like at the breast.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 6:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I started with avent and thought I loved them but my son was getting way to much air so we saw the Tommee Tippee bottles at Babies r us and they have the sen. tummy ones so we said what the heck might as well try it. The nipple is VERY soft and wide just like a breast would be and the sen. tummy bottles have NO air come through!! That also means when my son sucks real hard the nipple goes in but I'm ok with that since it means theres no air which means his little tummy does better!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 6:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i love the playtex drop ins..i had relux babies an a colic baby..they were great..plus less washing an cleaning
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 7:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Playtex
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 7:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My son does really well with the Playtex drop ins. I love them!
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 8:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2010