what would u suggest for this stubborn potty trainer?

ok, my dd will be three in less than a month. and i have been working on potty training her for almost a year now.
here is my problem... she knows how to use the potty because she has done it before. and i do not mean "sit on the potty for 15 mins and she happens to go while sitting" i am talking about full blown "I gotta potty momma (runs and sits on potty on own)." within the last few days she has been fighting extra hard about using the potty. she has started screaming bloody murder when i ask her if she needs to go. she has had more accidents in the last 3 days than i can even count.
we have tried rewards. we have tried training panties, pull-ups, regular panties, and going naked. she does fine without any panties on most of the time, but she cant go around everywhere with a naked bottom.
any tips?

Phippsandrea

Asked by Phippsandrea at 6:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think what you are having here is a control issue. Toddler often crave control and potty training could be her way of exercising free will! Put her in charge.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:25 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I started a potty chart for my son because we were having the same problem. He really likes that show Blue's Clues, so I made a chart with Blue on it. Everytime he goes potty he gets a 'clue' on the chart and every time he has an accident we take one off. When he gets 7 clues, we give him a Blue's Clues DVD. (I found some cheap on Amazon.) It's worked great and he got about 4 movies and 1 coloring book and now he's totally potty trained!
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 8:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Back off. Keep her in underwear. Don't ask her, just leave her alone. Don't talk about the potty, don't look at the potty, don't even think about the potty! If she has an accident make her clean it up- put the wet underwear in the laundry and a towel on the floor/chair/furniture. After I finally backed off with my 3 year old he started going all on his own. Keep the potty chair in the area she is mostly in- for us that was the living room. At 3 years 8 months my son is completely potty trained, even at night! He still has the occasional (once every other week, if that) accident, usually at night. That's what worked for us.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 6:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Let her squirt a little bit of liquid soap in the toilet when she needs to pee, so that when she pees in the toilet it produces bubbles. Make a game of it.
    GenieBean

Answer by GenieBean at 6:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i let my lil one get a magazine or coloring book to go to the bathroom..i would just say m goin to relax..an color..my dd loved to sit an color with me in the bathroom...an i loved it to...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 7:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I let my son decide. My ped suggested this b/c my son was a stubborn potty trainer. He had full control and potty trained 2 months after he turned 3 years old. He potty trained within a week of deciding. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Has her urine stream changed? If you can catch her going, try to see if it seems thinner, or if she goes for an extended period of time. You may want to call her Pedi if so. Could be signs of other things amiss.
    Carrielayne

Answer by Carrielayne at 1:30 AM on Sep. 29, 2010