Jon Benet case Re Open?

The investigators in the Jon Benet case want to reopen it after 14 years because the brother of Jon Benet may know something. Sounds doubtful to me. Is this the right thing to do?

soccerfanatic14

Asked by soccerfanatic14 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• A case is never really "closed" unless it is solved. But If they think he knows something it should be looked into. But its not like he hasnt been talked to already. KWIM?
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• thats good hope they do catch the ones that did the crime...this is ridicules so many children murder all the time and the case stays a cold case...they need to put more detectives on this cases so that the monsters out ripping us of our kids dont have a chance...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 6:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• hmmm...i wonder what he could possibly know that hasn't been said or checked out in all this time??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• There are no statute of limitation for murder cases for a reason. If there is new helpful info that could help solve the case then it should be reopened.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• A truly bizarre crime and how the case was handled from the moment it happened was totally against protocol. I remember following this case closely and reading a book about the investigation, as JB and her brother were/are the exact same ages as my own children. That family was touched by some much sadness with the father losing 2 daughters and his wife-

Side note- I heard the dad was dating Natalie Holloway's mother. Not something you want to have in common-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• They re open cold cases all the time but I doubt they will find anything
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I always felt it was "Mommy Dearest " who snapped and accidentally killed her, and the husband and other close family helped cover it up. The mother dying quickly from an aggressive strain of cancer coupled with immense guilt or karma, IMO was her sentence.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would think it would be a blessing, if the family could finally have closure.
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

Read John Douglas' profile of the crime. It will definately change your mind on that. The media put that poor family though hell. Not to mention the pathetic invrestigation from the very start.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• This is so beyond bizarre.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2010